Sunday, May 10, 2009

Give it up for the moms


Happy Mother's Day everyone! My mom and I started the day with a delicious breakfast at Simpatico with my mom-in-law Jane, Claire (mom to be), Bryan (birthday boy) and his mom Tammy. Then I made her extra pretty by giving her a facial for which she thanked me by taking us to get massages. Such a nice mother!

Mother's Day this year was more like Mother's Week. We hiked Tryon Creek, cooked new vegan dishes, and had a wonderful soak and lunch at Bonneville Hot Springs. No matter where you live, you must visit Bonneville Hot Springs (50 minutes from Portland). For $15 you get access to 2 hot tubs (one inside, one out), a heated pool and sauna for 3 hours.


And then there was the sing along Sound of Music movie event...I had no idea what a dirndle was, or that my Godmother Anne and Richard Feeney lived in Salzburg at the chateau where some of it was filmed. They danced in that gazebo. What a treat to go with them and wear this authentic dirndle from Salzburg!! Don't worry I wasn't the only one who dressed up.


FROM THE BOAT FRONT...

Either way is once again at home in the ocean. Nick has been working non stop for the past 7 days and I'm so grateful for his talent and persistence. The gas heater is almost installed and that is no small feat . We have a slip in Anacortes through June 7th, and Sugar are excited to join them in a couple of days. Does life seem surreal to anyone else, or is it just me?

No comments:

Post a Comment